St Joseph’s New Church and Community Facilities
Presentation to the Parish of the Proposed Plans
Dear People of St Joseph the Worker,
The plans for our New Church and Community Facilities are now at an advanced stage. We are able to show what is envisaged, after earlier consultation, and seek your further approval and commitment. The Parish Building Committee, the Architects, the Stained-Glass Window Artist, and Diocesan Representatives consider that the proposed church will be worthy of our Patron St Joseph the Worker and the other facilities be a real help to the community.
The next step is for the parishioners of St Joseph the Worker to view the designs. Modern techniques enable us to have a walk-through the buildings and also an outside fly-by tour, as well as viewing the plans. The cost plan will also be explained. We are excited to present the proposals to you.
The Presentation took place in Church on Wednesday 16th September. Your opinion is crucial and valued. If you would like to view the presentation on-line, please contact Fr Garry and he will send you the link. This will include a questionnaire for you to give your views of the proposals. There has been an excellent and positive response. I am sure all parishioners want to be involved.
Last updated 19th Setpember 2020
Email: email@example.com Phone 01789 773291
From Thursday 16th July there will be weekday Mass each Thursday and Friday at 10am, There is no need to book for these Masses.
Our Lord taught us to love our neighbour as ourselves.
The following guidelines will enable us to take the greatest care not to pass on the virus.
- Please do not come to church if you or anyone from your household is showing symptoms of COVID 19.
- Worshippers may have to queue outside church and wait to be admitted. If Fr Garry does not have your email address, please give it to the steward.
- A steward will be responsible for directing all movement in church.
- Face coverings must be worn, whether masks or scarves.
- You must use the sanitizer before entering the main body of the church.
- Worshippers must remain in the seat they are allocated.
- Parents must provide their children with their own books for Mass and not bring toys from home. The bags provided for children by the church will not be available.
- People who need cushions to sit on must bring their own and take them home after Mass.
- People are encouraged to bring their own sanitizers and use this before and after Holy Communion.
- Eucharistic ministers will stand behind kneelers at the front and wear visors.
- Those receiving Communion will have to stretch out to receive the Host. The Host will only be placed on the hand and not given by mouth.
- Readers will need to wear gloves, which will be provided and disposed of.
- There will be no offertory collection during Mass. Collections will be taken at the back of the church on the way out whilst observing social distancing. If appropriate, please have donation ready to avoid delays.
- A disinfectant spraying machine will be used to clean the church after each Mass
We look forward to being together again for the celebration of Mass.
Fr Garry Byrne, Parish Priest.
LIVE STREAMING CHURCH’s in Archdiocese of Birmingham link
St Joseph the Worker is part of the Archdiocese of Birmingham, Registered Charity No. 234216. Our parish website provides Catholic news, and information.
Terms and Conditions, Accessibility Statement, Privacy Notice